AudioClip operator

AudioClip operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Saturday, 14.June 2014, 16:55

Hi there!
I've been thinking that none of us is capable of making an entire demo on a single a creative impulse. However, most of us can finish a scene in one go. The problem here is that the scene will be mute, which is embarrassing. Why not create an audio clip operator enabling us to add our audio effects? IMO it should behave like a standard clip operator (with start and end time) and be editable in the timeline. Loadable sound files: .wav and .ogg. What do you guys think?
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Re: AudioClip operator

Postby CybeREX » Saturday, 14.June 2014, 18:09

I suggest for v2m and traker format too =) *.xm for example too =)
CybeREX
Demomaker
Demomaker

Postby Skinnytorus » Saturday, 14.June 2014, 18:17

I suggest for v2m and traker format too =) *.xm for example too =)

I thought we were not after SIZE any more - the simpler the better here. Playing sound files is enough imho...
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby ikam » Sunday, 15.June 2014, 11:40

yes audio operators will be great.
I already think to that, to give a way for mixing multiple audio inputs to add for examples sounds fx or ambiant over a main music with full controls (time, lenght, volume, etc...) or mixing musics. I don't know much about werkkzeug audio engine and about audio coding too. So I don't know what it is possible to do with actual feature, but it should be limited...
Maybe using an trhird party librarie will be easier, faster to code and give more features, like sounds fx, formats, etc... ( like : bass or fmod )
ikam
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Sunday, 15.June 2014, 13:09

OK. Choose whatever 3rd party library you think best for wz4. In fact the only thing needed is the ability to launch samples along with the main music theme or without it. No complex stuff required: just Start time, End time, Trim (from which sample number to play the clip and on which to finish playing), Volume, Fade in/out (maybe cool with spline control), maybe some basic 3 band EQ.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Return to New Feature Suggestions