Turn the page

Turn the page

Postby ikam » Sunday, 19.October 2014, 16:32

hi guys

It's been a long time since I didn't post any news about wz4ce. So I've got bad news and good news :

Bad one, is that I decided to stop to dev on wz4ce, so no more new features planned, maybe I could fix some minors bugs If really needed, but no big fix...

Good one, is that I decided to work on my own tool, reusing the famous operators stacking concept.

I really learned a lot by working on this wz4 mod, thanks to chaos (huge thank and respect), ryg, kb, reEto and others farbrausch guys for this amazing tool. But fact now, Is that I want a more personnal version of the tool and to play with differents technologies, technical choices and possibilities. it would require a major overhaul of the wz4 code, some big clean etc..., so I prefered to start from scratch with my own code and version to get a full control over all aspects.
Morehover I know that frabrausch is actually working on wz5, hopefully a bigger amazing tool again. therefore continue to work on wz4ce might be a waste of time when wz5 will be released, another reason that supports my choice to create my own tool and become indepedant from farbrausch.

It's an end but a restart too. I already started to work on my tool and I have big ideas to exploit, it could be really intersting. So wait and see.

I want to thank you all for you support, specially Skinnytorus for your help and intensive test/debug sessions, It was very usefull to build wz4ce.
I think we made a good work, wz4ce is really good :lol:

But now it's time to turn the page. So stay tuned.
+ ;)
ikam
Operator
Operator

Re: Turn the page

Postby Skinnytorus » Sunday, 19.October 2014, 19:41

Sure, pal. Huge thanks for what you've done. I approve of your choice. You can count on me in your new project which makes me intrigued. Any spoilers available? Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the news from you, bro!

P.S. As the final sacrifice, The Mighty Megatron wishes that you implement source mesh point normal orientation for clones in the FromVertex mesh operator
(Add an option to align cloned meshes along point normals of the source mesh)! Then your soul will rest at peace and belong to the new tool of yours... =)
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby CybeREX » Monday, 20.October 2014, 12:53

Good news ikam! Yep, wz4 is fb project and if you start your own tool - you can add, delete, write and rewrite all aspect of the tool. Add features that need in the scene and ect...
PS. I would like also be tester of your new project tool ;)
CybeREX
Demomaker
Demomaker

Postby nikitos75 » Tuesday, 21.October 2014, 07:04

I agree with you , Ikam, too: You need to develop your own tool! I hope you can post any news, screenshots about it here or any ware else, hope if I can become a tester of it too!
nikitos75
Partikelmeister
Partikelmeister

Postby CybeREX » Wednesday, 22.October 2014, 09:14

Little news about wz5)

Tada))

CybeREX
Demomaker
Demomaker

Postby Skinnytorus » Wednesday, 22.October 2014, 12:08

Thanks, but the news is quite old. It fits nicely in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1414
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby reEto » Friday, 24.October 2014, 16:42

hi :)

good to hear... you are creating your own tool? hope to find it here in a seperate section for :) i think you did very nice job fixing so much stuff, and i know that code is pure mess ....
if you need any support feel free to contact as always

that screenshot is about 1 year old now, and its actually not the latest build of it... i dont know, but i think (with the prog. path) that one is a kb screen.. at all ,the other dudes still working hard on it, but will take the time... finally another demo(s) will be released wif the new engine long first be4 release of tools :)

so i am lOOking forward to see whats your interpretaion of doing a tool to create realtime stuff

cheeRs
reEto
Partikelmeister
Partikelmeister

Postby ikam » Monday, 27.October 2014, 14:32

thanks all for your support, for sure I will need beta testers.
I'll post dev news and send a beta version soon it will be available
ikam
Operator
Operator

Postby ikam » Saturday, 06.December 2014, 15:15

hi guyz.

current work in progress :

HD : http://i.imgur.com/SGylHpQ.jpg?1

;)
ikam
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Saturday, 06.December 2014, 15:43

Yey! The UI looks super cool! =D> =D> =D>
How many ops do you already have?
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Saturday, 06.December 2014, 15:46

Are texture ops animatable? It would be nice if they could be - like they are in Enigma4.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby ikam » Saturday, 06.December 2014, 20:10

yes, all operators are animatable.
In fact, to spoil a bit, it designed to support multi-libraries operators and render engines. I made it enough generic to use the procedurals operators with differents goals (not only 3D)

Here the bitmap ops are extracted from wz4. I made a wz4bitmap library to test the operator stacking engine behind. So you could use the wz4 bitmaps ops if you want or use anothers libraries (I also ported FxGen operators as a library to be ready to be used with ops here). Libraries could also be compatible with special convert operators...
ikam
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Saturday, 06.December 2014, 20:31

Sounds cool. It's good to hear the tool is expandable :) Keep us updated on your progress!
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby CybeREX » Thursday, 11.December 2014, 15:14

Impressive! Waiting other updates)
CybeREX
Demomaker
Demomaker

Postby CybeREX » Monday, 09.February 2015, 09:01

Any good news?)