[done] Delay factor for the Sparkle operator

[done] Delay factor for the Sparkle operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Wednesday, 18.September 2013, 09:52

Having played with the spiral examples (here viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1329), I see that Sparkle needs a Delay parameter. It should allow to start sparkling from a certain moment (like in Ballistic). The matter is that at the first frame of the animation, the initial particles just fly away from the spiral (see spirals2.wz4) which makes me think that Sparkle picks up particle initial position from Lissajoux and no direction info.

Delay parameter might eliminate that. Besides it would allow for easy fireworks effect without looping emitters. What do you think?
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Re: Delay factor for the Sparkle operator

Postby ikam » Sunday, 22.September 2013, 21:38

ok I added a delay.
I add the possibility to set a negative value. it allow to advance time of particles, so for the spirals2.wz4 example, at anim start the spiral is already formed.
ikam
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Sunday, 22.September 2013, 21:56

Thank you, it's a cool effect, but it doesn't eliminate the problem. The stray particles at the start still exist. My idea was to pass the original particles through Sparkles op unaffected and, when the delay time has elapsed, turn on the sparkles starting from the current position of the original particles. It should work like a fireworks - the original particle reaches some time mark (delay) and then - boom! Sparkling starts.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Sunday, 22.September 2013, 22:02

Here is how the stray particles look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby ikam » Monday, 23.September 2013, 06:36

Ok, it is better now.
stray particles at the start are removed. originals particles are only used if they are > delay.
ikam
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Monday, 23.September 2013, 07:51

Damn... I'm in the office now and can't check the new build. I'll have to wait till the evening comes...
originals particles are only used if they are > delay

Did you mean "original particles are only used for the sparkling effect if their current lifetime is more than sparkle delay value"? Are the original particles seen before sparkling?
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby ikam » Monday, 23.September 2013, 08:03

Did you mean "original particles are only used for the sparkling effect if their current lifetime is more than sparkle delay value"?

yes.

Are the original particles seen before sparkling?

no. Sparkles start to be seen when delay is passed and computed from the original pos at the current time.

For example in you explosion cube builds,if you set a little delay in sparckles, they are seen only when the cube really explodes and pieces are disperced.

I also added a flag to set if sparkles are animated or static.
If animated the delay param is active else it is static i put another param to set the static time of the particle. This allow in the spiral effect for example to show the spiral already formed at the lifetime you want it and static to not consume this lifetime and keep the shape permanently.
ikam
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Monday, 23.September 2013, 08:33

no. Sparkles start to are seen when delay is passed and computed from the original pos at the current time.

Do you mean that in order to see the original particles before sparkling begins I need to render the original particles separately (using particle Add or another Srites renderer)?

I also added a flag to set if sparkles are animated or static.
If animated the delay param is active else it is static i put another param to set the static time of the particle. This allow in the spiral effect for example to show the spiral already formed at the lifetime you want it and static to not consume this lifetime and keep the shape permanently.

Cool. I'll check that this evening.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby ikam » Monday, 23.September 2013, 09:08

No, You don't to have to add anything. I think you must see it in action to avoid any misunderstandings :)
ikam
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Monday, 23.September 2013, 09:18

Sure, mate. :)
I will get back to this topic this evening.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Monday, 23.September 2013, 18:19

Yep. I like the way it works. Well done! Really cool effect. =D> =D> =D>
Some quick tests here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Return to New Feature Suggestions