The complete werkkzeug4 CE tutorial

The complete werkkzeug4 CE tutorial

Postby ikam » Sunday, 24.November 2013, 22:19

the complete werkkzeug4 CE tutorial has been released after months of preparation. Thanks to Skinnytorus and Drompeter.

Textures, meshes, materials, shaders, animation, script, physx, post-process, beats, splines, lights, particles and many others... All Werkkzeug4 features are covered in this tutorial, you will learn to use all the features in detail, all secrets are revelead, propably the most complete werkkzeug4 tutorial over the world :)

you can download it here

Don't hesitate to reports errors or any problem.

Note : you will need the latest werkkzeug4 CE 1.15 release to play correctly examples.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ikam
Operator
Operator

Re: The complete werkkzeug4 CE tutorial

Postby Skinnytorus » Monday, 25.November 2013, 08:04

Yo! I'm glad we did it at last, bro. \:D/ Congrats and great many thanks again for your time and effort! =D>
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby sirmikd » Sunday, 16.November 2014, 01:31

How do I get access to this tutorial ? Something happened to my installation !

It was running when I started up but somehow it disappeared ??? Maybe happened when I changed the Nvidea setting to use Nvidea graphics for Werkkzeug - not sure about that but changing back did not fix the problem.
I then deleted all files and downloaded fresh files from the main website and unzipped to my install folder. I copied the player and help files to this folder also.
The help still does not show up !
Any tips please ??
thankyou
sirmikd
Zuschauer
Zuschauer

Postby Skinnytorus » Sunday, 16.November 2014, 06:27

How can you prove you are not a bot? ;)
What is the capital Denmark? If you answer correctly, I might help you.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby ikam » Sunday, 16.November 2014, 08:04

lol. But I wonder the same thing...
ikam
Operator
Operator

Postby CybeREX » Sunday, 16.November 2014, 08:52

simply run wz4 and open the file =)
CybeREX
Demomaker
Demomaker

Postby sirmikd » Sunday, 16.November 2014, 12:03

Skinnytorus wrote:How can you prove you are not a bot? ;)
What is the capital Denmark? If you answer correctly, I might help you.

Well I know my question is probably stupid but whatever makes you think I' a bot?

The answer of course is Copenhagen. Being an Australian I'm happy to also say that Frederick,heir to the throne married a fellow Australian from Tasmania - now the crown Princess Mary

Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat, RE, Lt.[1] (née Mary Elizabeth Donaldson, born 5 February 1972 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia) is the wife of Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark. Frederik is the heir apparent to the throne of Denmark, which means that at the time Frederik inherits the throne, Mary will automatically become Queen consort of Denmark.

Now if you didn't know that - you must be a bot ! [-X :D :lol:

Seriously now - As suggested by cyberrex I clicked on the wz4 file and from the dialogue selected run [no options to choose a file ] This displayed a video of rotating 3d objects -obviously a demo. Nothing else though.

The tutorial I'm talking about appears in the werkzeug interface and has a list of items in the left panel to step through such as "getting started" - There are no videos involved.
sirmikd
Zuschauer
Zuschauer

Postby Skinnytorus » Sunday, 16.November 2014, 12:19

Ok, man. Sorry to have made you answer stupid questions. This forum has been swarming with bots lately. I just had to check...
Judging by your posts, you're completely new to wz, right? ;) No problem. I can give you some brief hands on instructions:
1) Download the package from here: http://werkkzeug.free.fr/bin/Wz4CE_dx9_x86.zip and unpack it anywhere you like.
2) Download the tut file here: http://werkkzeug.free.fr/data/Tutorial_v1_15a.wz4 and place it wherever you like.
3) Open (double click) werkkzeug4_dx9_x86.exe. This will open wz4 itself.
4) Inside wz4 choose File -> Open and navigate to Tutorial_v1_15a.wz4. Open it and... viola - you are in the tutorial file.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby ikam » Sunday, 16.November 2014, 17:56

quick tips :
- clik + on items list to expand items and show sub-pages tutorial.
- to show something in viewport, select an operator (little colored buttons in stacking panel) and press 's' on your keyboard.
- some operators are animated (mostly yellows operators), select these op, press 's' key to show in viewport and press F5 to start animation and F6 to restart.

navigation and others manipulations, should be explained in tutorial, don't hesitate to report lack of informations.
ikam
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Sunday, 16.November 2014, 18:16

Yep. Ask questions. This forum sorely needs activity! ;)
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby sirmikd » Monday, 17.November 2014, 20:43

Thanks to all for your replies .
Skinnytorus -your advice solved the problem - so simple, dah ! :oops:
I also saved "configuration" to file so now tutorial opens when I start werkkzeug.

Yes I am new to WZ though I did install it several months ago but only explore it when I have time - that's why the tutorial is so necessary.

Regarding Bots - I understand completely as I run an animation website [ http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators ] for Carrara users and had the same trouble with the forum. I solved it by adding a plugin that requires users to enter a generated code when they sign up - maybe there is something you can add to your phpBB ? :idea:

Thanks again guys =D>
sirmikd
Zuschauer
Zuschauer

Return to Support