run werkkzeug3 demos

run werkkzeug3 demos

Postby ikam » Thursday, 19.April 2012, 12:57

Hi

werkkzeug3 "make demo" function seems to be broken. But as you may know, a werkkzeug3 demo exported to .kx (in werkkzeug3 File->Export) can be played with an external player (like fr-074 demo)

You can find some werkkzeug demo examples in .k format that can be exported to .kx (like debris_9241.k) in the "werkkzeug3\data" folder in the farbraush publied release of their source code as well as the werkkzeug3 player named intro.exe (you just need to rename your .kx file to fr-074.kx to play it).

So i modify slighty intro.exe to load a file named wz3dat.kx which is more sexy :)

wz3player.rar

:lol:
ikam
Operator
Operator

Re: run werkkzeug3 demos

Postby CybeREX » Tuesday, 06.May 2014, 11:27

Well, I have small scene in wz3 (camera animated with spline flying about 16 sec) scene looks good and pretty in wz3, but when I export it to kx format and attach to player_demo.exe and run it, it seems like timeline speed in this demo increased about 10 times. here is the files:

PS: Player I get from here

PS2: The extension exe is not allowed here, so I made zip archive with bat file, player and intro file in it. Just unpack all files to some directory and run bat file.

EDITED: wz4 test demorun have no problem
I take huge procedural texture from example file to test loading screen. So why its loading so long.
And wz4 demo player get around 2mb with simple data to play, wz3 have around 600kb with simple data.
So now we can create only demo. Intro with 64kb for now far enough from us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CybeREX
Demomaker
Demomaker

Postby Skinnytorus » Tuesday, 06.May 2014, 12:03

Have you checked your song length in wz3 preferences? If your song length is too short, that might be the cause of your increased speed anim problem.
I haven't seen your files yet. Just an idea....
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby Skinnytorus » Tuesday, 06.May 2014, 18:55

1) OK. Solved. Insert an Event operator right above Demo op, go to Timeline view (F2), activate it by clicking anywhere in the timeline, then press 'a'. The event will be added to the timeline. Adjust its length as you like, save .k and Export. :)

2) Go there and read my discussion with ryg starting from the bottom of the page: http://www.pouet.net/topic.php?which=8736&page=10. You'll find some answers there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby CybeREX » Thursday, 08.May 2014, 08:49

so basically I can get V2M soundtrack and include it in wz3 intro doing this things:

Ryg wrote:
To switch music players: werkkzeug3/player_demo/demo_config.hpp - toggle sLINK_OGG and sLINK_VIRUZ2 as necessary (only one of them may be on, and sLINK_MP3, while present, does not work).

So can we compile new wz3 player for V2M sound?
CybeREX
Demomaker
Demomaker

Postby CybeREX » Thursday, 08.May 2014, 09:46

Just to point it. wz3 need v2m music file to work correct with timeline. I found that Ryg wrote it here: Wz demos/intros only ever use music as time source everything on the timeline. Without a soundtrack, this won't work.

PS. I add old VX v2m file and now animation go on =)
Also v2m file after export to kx format add to kx and you need only player and kx file to make demo after exporting.
CybeREX
Demomaker
Demomaker

Postby Skinnytorus » Thursday, 08.May 2014, 10:17

Glad you have found what you were looking for. To tell the truth, I barely used wz3. By the time I fully figured how to export a demo correctly, wz4 was released and I switched to using it instead of wz3. In terms of usability wz4 seems superior.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Postby CybeREX » Thursday, 08.May 2014, 10:57

Yes, thanks to flow me in the right way!
I agree wz4 is looks better than wz3, but for my purposes I need to learn both tool, because, wz3 have several advantage compare to wz4 and better suite what I plan to do. Anyway wz4 rules and hope wz5 also will be)
Deadline 01 august 2014 for ChaosConstruction demoparty =)
CybeREX
Demomaker
Demomaker

Postby Skinnytorus » Thursday, 08.May 2014, 11:11

Great. I could contribute to your demo if you wish so. You can PM me if you are interested.
Skinnytorus
Operator
Operator

Return to Tutorials